kdesupport/polkit-qt question

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Wed Mar 11 17:43:56 GMT 2009

Hi all,

during my rebuild today I saw that I am missing some new dependencies for
polkit-qt.

Since I am curious I had a look at that project's code and I think there is
something wrong going on.

More precisely I encountered low level D-Bus structures such as DBusError
being used.

Since Qt hides the gory details of the libdbus API, the cause is most likely
the accidental use of some kind of D-Bus convenience wrapper instead of
properly using Qt's facilities for accessing D-Bus interfaces.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring