PolicyKit integration in KDE take 1: systemsettings and kcmshell

dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br dantti85-dev at yahoo.com.br
Tue Mar 10 14:41:08 GMT 2009

OK, i don't know if you already had any experience with
PolicyKit but i'll try to clarify this:

Any PolicyKit action has a Result,
simplifying you might have:
Yes|No|Auth
(there are more but the others aren't important for users)
So the #2 and #3 would work this way in the apply button

(|"object-locker"| Apply) if the Result is Auth (the object-locker is an icon)
(Apply) disabled if the Result is No
(Apply) - without the locker icon if it's Yes.

the #3 option you said will always evaluate to YES,
normally the user must check "remember my passord".

And all this is automagically handled by polkit-qt, we just
need to pass a QAbstractButton to ActionButton, and set the
yes|No|Auth icons :D

Please ask if this didn't clarify the subject.

Daniel.