Adding Indian Calendars to kde - help with testing

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 8 17:22:20 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 17 February 2009 18:52:34 Praveen A wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have been working on adding Indian Calendars to KDE.
>
> Modified files are kept in our local repo
> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=smc.git;a=tree;f=calendar/kde;hb=HEAD
>
> Diff with current kde trunk revision is
> kdelibs http://pastebin.com/m2e8537eb
> kdebase http://pastebin.com/m5d4e51d1
>
> It was working earlier (though we still had some logical errors
> specific to indic implementation), but now it is failing completely,
> though all test cases are working. I am unabl to track the bug on my
> own, so any help is appreciated. I tried going back to earlier
> revisions but still it is failing. I think it may be because of some
> changes done recently, but I'm not able to find it. I am testing the
> code with the calendar applet on the panel. Any move to change to
> month is failing, though addMonths() is working as expected in test
> cases :-(
>
> Thanks
> Praveen

Hi Pravan,

Apologies for the delay in replying, but I've been moving house and off-line.
I'm the unofficial Calendar Systems maintainer because I re-implemented them
for KDE4.

Indian calendars were on my to-do list for 4.3, so it's great to see someone
else jumping in to do them.  I'll try have a look at your code this week and
be in contact with any comments or fixes I think may be needed.

Cheers!

John.