Summer of Code Proposal - Looking for a mentor

Allen Winter winter at kde.org
Sun Mar 8 19:27:08 GMT 2009

On Sunday 08 March 2009 11:19:16 am Nicola Gigante wrote:
> Hello everybody. I'm looking for a mentor for the gsoc for a project
> involved with kdelibs. I've asked to some developers on IRC (notably
> dfaure and lfranchi) to review it and they gave me useful advice.
>
> You can find the PDF at:
>
> http://www.gigabytes.it/soc/KDE-soc.pdf
>
> I also plan to send it to the kate mailing list because it can
> interest kate developers too.
> Every comment and suggestion is welcomed.

I like this idea.

Perhaps not part of your project, but I'd like to have a framework
for dealing with different types of backups.

eg. in korganizer there's a wish for no backups for calendar files;
numbered backups for calendar files, and simple ~ based backups.

eg. in kaddressbook, there is a rotating 7 day backup created.
it would be nice for user selection of backup type for addressbook data.

--
Allen Winter | Software Engineer | 1-888-872-9339
KDAB, Inc. | "Platform-independent software solutions"