Feedback wanted: Change INVALID resolution to NOTABUG in bugs.kde.org

Matt Rogers mattr at kde.org
Fri Mar 6 05:03:54 GMT 2009

On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 1:47 PM, Matt Rogers <mattr at kde.org> wrote:
> On Sunday 22 February 2009 06:25:27 George Goldberg wrote:

>> > At Amarok we mostly use INVALID to close crash reports without debug
>> > symbols. We kindly ask the reporter to install them/recompile and
>> > reopen the report when they have a useful backtrace. What would we do
>> > with those bugs? (Leaving them open is not an option.)
>>
>> The solution to this problem is something I and other people have been
>> asking for for over a year now (although no resounding agreement seems
>> to have come that it should be done).
>>
>> There should be a bug state called NEEDINFO, and a resolution state
>> called TIMEDOUT (or something similar).
>>
>> Basically, if a bug is missing necessary info, like a useless
>> backtrace, it could be put into the NEEDINFO state with a comment
>> added telling the user whats needed. Then if no information is
>> provided within a reasonable time, it could be RESOLVED->TIMEDOUT.
>> This is much clearer and sounds less agressive than just slapping an
>> INVALID tag on it.
>>

>> --
>> George Goldberg
>
> NEEDSINFO as a resolution is coming. I'm just working through my TODO list on
> bugzilla related things.

NEEDSINFO as a resolution is now available. Two new resolutions have
also been added for use with NEEDSINFO. They are WAITINGFORINFO and
BACKTRACE to indicate that you're waiting for a question to be
answered or waiting for a backtrace respectively. If there are no
other objections, I'll change the INVALID resolution to NOTABUG on
Monday.

Thanks
--
Matt