xmlgui doesn't honor toolbar position

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Mon Jun 29 23:38:25 BST 2009

On 29.06.09 23:48:12, Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Dilluns, 29 de juny de 2009, David Faure va escriure:
> > On Sunday 10 June 2007, Christoph Pfister wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > Toolbars in the .ui file may have the "position" attribute specifying the
> > > area where they are placed by default. However it's currently ignored
> > > (attached is a small testcase showing the problem) ...
> > >
> > > Can anybody shed light on this? Thanks in advance!
> >
> > Since I'm looking at ktoolbar settings currently I finally had a look at
> > this, but it seems to be fixed by now. Works for me.
>
> There is a problem though. Changing the position only works if you don't have
> a .kde/share/config/appnameuirc file, if you have it modifying the position of
> the toolbar in your rc file won't do anything.

Hmm, as far as I can see the position attribute doesn't work at all. At
least with kate, I always get the main toolbar on top, not on bottom
when putting the position="bottom" attribute into the xmlgui file.

The other thing is that the location is stored in the applications
config file, not the xmlgui-file in $HOME/.kde/share, but that can
actually be considered good, because it means the user-chosen toolbar
position won't be overriden on the next xmlgui-file update (which
usually has a larger version and hence replaces the xmlgui file in the
users KDEHOME).

Andreas

--
Green light in A.M. for new projects.  Red light in P.M. for traffic tickets.