Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Jun 22 22:40:31 BST 2009

Peter Penz wrote:
> On Monday, 22. June 2009 19:26:01 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Thomas Lübking wrote:
>>> Peter just changed that a bit - now a lineedit frame (no bg) pops up
>>> on hovering the NavigatorBar (the entire widgit including empty
>>> space)
>> That's not too bad, but there seems to be a delay before the frame
>> appears. Can that be fixed?
>
> The delay has been added on purpose, otherwise there would be a flickering if
> the user moves the mouse from the view to the toolbar buttons.
>
> Hmm, should the delay made smaller?

The caret already flickers. The outlines around toolbuttons already
flicker. Many* hover effects in general already flicker.

IMO these should be consistent; either they should ALL have a delay, or
none should. Right now it feels (to me, anyway) like a bug, as in "why
does it take so long to paint?".

(* Depending on style, hover effects may fade in/out... but it should
still be consistent :-). Is KURLNavigator styled by KStyle yet? If not,
can it be?)

> Or would it be sufficient to change only
> the mouse cursor to an I-beam as Matthew suggested?

I'll let others weigh in on that. I somewhat like the frame, but I'm not
wedded to it.

--
Matthew
"Have you tried that new mixed drink, 'GDR'"?