Can we* prettyplease do something about the KUrlNavigator?

Frank Reininghaus frank78ac at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 18 09:10:13 BST 2009

Hi,

I agree with Peter here. Just one little idea:

2009/6/18 Peter Penz <peter.penz at gmx.at>

> I'm open to:
> - find a better alternative to the "undo" button
> - to improve the visual feedback when hovering the empty area in the
> breadcrumb mode to indicate that an editing is possible

I've always thought that the way this is handled in GTK is quite nice (look
at Nautilus for example): There's a button showing a sheet of paper and a
pen in front of the URL navigator. When it's pushed, the navigator switches
from breadcrumb to line-edit mode. The button keeps its "pushed" look until
it's clicked again, at which point the navigator switches back to breadcrumb
mode.

One could of course also put the button behind the URL navigator, and the
possiblility to enable line-edit mode by clicking the empty area in the
breadcrumb could be kept.

Greetings to everyone,
Frank