How to fix Conflicting accelerators

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Jun 15 21:56:44 BST 2009

A Dijous, 11 de juny de 2009, Andreas Pakulat va escriure:
> Hi,
>
> we have an interesting problem in KDevelop because there are two
> conflicting accelerators. KDevelop embeds kate, which has this nice search
> bar with Next and Prev buttons. Kate also assigns accelerators to these
> buttons (Alt+N and Alt+P). Now the problem is that the automatic
> accelerator-assigner (KAcceleratorManager IIRC) in kdelibs doesn't know or
> care about that (probably know because no kate search bar is visible during
> startup). And KDevelop has a "Navigation" menu, which gets Alt+N
> assigned as accelerator via the kdelibs code (one more reason why
> the automatic assignment really should be turned off).

What does his have to do with automatic assignment? Disabling it would not
solve your problem at all.

> Thats a clash, apparently Qt doesn't care which component in the gui has
> focus it always activates the menu.

That would seem a bug to me, at least on the menu when there are two items
with the same accelerator it switches between them.

> So what can be done about this, anybody with a good idea? I don't think
> kate devs want to change kates accelerator as Alt+N fits very well with
> "Next".

I'm not sure if QShortcut and it's ambiguous flag is also used for
accelerators or not, anyone knows?

Albert