Accelerators missing from dialogs in KDE 4.3

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Fri Jun 5 19:40:47 BST 2009

On 05.06.09 19:18:44, David Jarvie wrote:
> I notice that dialogs in KDE 4.3 don't have accelerators inserted
> automatically any more in labels, checkboxes, etc. What has happened? This is
> a significant loss of functionality which only came to my attention due to a
> user filing a bug report today.
>
> I tried adding KAcceleratorManager::manage(this); in a dialog constructor, but
> it made no difference.

Then something else broke somewhere. Albert re-enabled the auto-assignment of
accelerators a few weeks ago (which initially broke KDevelop, but that
has been fixed meanwhile)

Apart from that this is actually not the purpose (and never has been) of
KAcceleratorManager - at least not in the way it used right now. The
purpose was to use this during development to easily find good
accelerator keys and then assign them in code/ui files. The only reason
this is still enabled is because its been enabled for so long that no
application (IIRC there's even a krazy check ensuring this state) has
any manually-assigned accelerators anymore.

Andreas

--
You will be reincarnated as a toad; and you will be much happier.