KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Thu Jun 4 12:59:03 BST 2009

On 04.06.09 13:52:42, Jos Poortvliet wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Luciano Montanaro <mikelima at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hasn't this thread blown way out of proportion??
> >
> > I mean, except for Kaffeine/KdeTv, I'm not reaching for the
> > full-screen key all that often anyway...
> > Am I an exception? Is this action really so important it needs two shortcuts?
>
> Think netbooks and the like. It is very useful on smaller screens. As
> I wrote in the thread, I have set it in KWin to make any window
> full-screen and people who see me use it often ask me how I did it.
> Aparently most ppl didn't know it was possible at all, if they
> would've known they would be using it.

But thats totally different from the change that John did. That new
shortcut doesn't help  any app, except those that already use the
KStandard::fullscreen action (and I'm not sure how much actually do use
that). Apart from the problem of breaking apps so late in the release
cycle and this is technically not even a bugfix.

Andreas

--
You will experience a strong urge to do good; but it will pass.