KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/shortcuts

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Jun 3 21:19:15 BST 2009

On 03.06.09 19:07:14, John Tapsell wrote:
> SVN commit 977282 by johnflux:
>
> Add F11 as a shortcut for fullscreen
>
> Discussed on kde-devel kde-usability, with majority favouring the addition.
> This may be overridden by kwin, to provide full screen capability for all
> apps (including non-kde apps), but this shortcut would still be required
> here for consistency when not running kwin.

Hmm, you may call me blind, but I didn't see anything but user-wishes in
those discussions and a lot of discussion about totally different
things. In particular there was no comment on this from any usability
folks.

Additionally this takes away a prominent and easy-to-reach shortcut from
_all_ applications for the benefit of just a few (which actually have
special fullscreen mode) as far as I understood.

At least KDevelop probably cannot and will not have F11 as shortcut for
Fullscreen as the F-Shortcuts (especially F6 and later) are to be used
for debugger actions which is what our users expect (coming from other
IDE's where thats normal).

Andreas

--
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.