KDE & ARM (and introduction post to kde-core-devel)

Michael Casadevall mcasadevall at kubuntu.org
Wed Jun 3 18:19:15 BST 2009

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread, I've been traveling,
then sick, then $REAL_LIFE all got in the way :-/. I currently have
the build hardware that I'll be using for this task, but I probably
won't have an opportunity to set it up until next week, or maybe two
weeks from now due to real life

2009/5/31 Ingo Klöcker <kloecker at kde.org>:
> On Sunday 31 May 2009, André Wöbbeking wrote:
>> On Sunday 31 May 2009, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> > qMax, qMin, qBound are template methods [1]. So adding
>> > overloads/specializations makes no sense and won't help.
>>
>> Why not? If you offer overloads/specializations for (double, float)
>> and (float, double) for qreal == float platforms it should work.
>
> Right, I didn't think about overloads taking mixed types. Those
> overloads should only exist for platforms where qreal != double because
> of the non-obvious loss of precision.

This is a change that should likely be made in coordination with Qt upstream
to see where they stand on the issue, and in the mean time, using the
qMax<double>()
(I think using double is better than qreal since its always safe to
put a float in a double
but not via versus).
Michael