[Patch] Bashism in startkde

Armin Berres trigger at space-based.de
Mon Jun 1 02:42:34 BST 2009

Heyya,

Debian and Ubuntu both want to support to use something else but
/bin/bash as /bin/sh. Therefore it is required, that all scripts whith
"#!/bin/sh" contain no bash specific code, but just POSIX features.

In startkde §$UID§ is used, which is bash specific. I propose the
following patch:

|Index: kdebase/workspace/startkde.cmake
|===================================================================
|--- kdebase/workspace/startkde.cmake    (revision 975766)
|+++ kdebase/workspace/startkde.cmake    (working copy)
|@@ -367,7 +367,7 @@
| export KDE_SESSION_VERSION
| xprop -root -f KDE_SESSION_VERSION 32c -set KDE_SESSION_VERSION 4

|-KDE_SESSION_UID=$UID
|+KDE_SESSION_UID=$(id -ru)
| export KDE_SESSION_UID
|
| # We set LD_BIND_NOW to increase the efficiency of kdeinit.

The patch should be safe, but as this is startkde I want you to give me
a go first, before I commit.

Greetings,
Armin