Accelerators missing from dialogs in KDE 4.3

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 29 16:43:50 BST 2009

Richard Dale wrote:
> I personally think the whole concept is broken of having letters underlined in
> menu items to denote which key you need to press with alt. And the underlines
> look really ugly - the Macintosh doesn't have them at all and looks much
> better.

How else would you indicate what is the accelerator letter?

> Is there really no better way of invoking menu items from the keyboard than by
> using alt + 'a fairly random character' ?

Given the size of the set of possible actions at a given menu level, I
can't think how you could possibly invent something more efficient
(beyond assigning shortcut keys to everything). And that is impractical
for dynamic menus.

I don't use accelerators /often/, but when I do I find them to be
extremely helpful. Generally they are most useful for an action that you
do frequently, or that you need to do many times on a single occasion.

--
Matthew
C++ is for people who want to be able to not just shoot themselves in