Review Request: Add a systemsettings option to enable spellchecking by default.

Hans Meine hans_meine at gmx.net
Mon Jul 27 14:03:31 BST 2009

Hi!

On Friday 24 July 2009 19:42:20 Robert Knight wrote:
> Before you add the option - why is this not turned on by default?  Why
> would they have a need to turn it off?

I hate it.  I am good at spelling, and any automatic spell checker will have
more than 90% false positives for me, meaning ugly underlining etc.  Plus, it
eats up precious resources (at least on my slightly-aged Thinkpad R51, that is
to an annoying level).

But I could live with the default being true, especially if there was a
central place to turn it off.

So +1 for the OP's suggestion from me.

Best,
  Hans