RFC: New Module kdesdklibs?

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Jul 24 21:29:13 BST 2009

On Friday 24 July 2009, Andreas Pakulat wrote:
> On 23.07.09 20:15:26, Ben Boeckel wrote:
> > Why not have kdevplatform depend on kdesdk? Or are the templates
> > not a strong enough reason?
>
> IMHO they're not, kdesdk contains lots of things that kdevelop never
> needs. Not to mention that generally inter-dependencies between modules
> in trunk/KDE is not allowed (AFAIK), exceptions are kdebase/runtime and
> kde*libs.

I think a kdesdklibs module would be a good idea.
Actually I think also kdegraphicslibs, kdemultimedialibs and kdegameslibs
modules would be a good idea. We have already kdelibs, kdepimlibs and (not
really) kofficelibs, having such modules in general would e.g. make it clear
how to handle dependencies. It might also help to keep kdelibs smaller.

Alex