Use phonon from Qt or kdesupport?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 21 01:03:02 BST 2009

Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Ian Wadham wrote:
>> Which Phonon will actually go out with KDE 4.3?
>
> None new. Only the one from KDE 4.2.
>
> The next version of Phonon will be packaged with Qt only. It will not be
> released as a separate package. Which is why KDE should work with the
> bundled Phonon.

...but that phonon has fewer backends than the one from kdesupport, and
will never add those it is missing? (This is my understanding of what
you said[1].) Doesn't that /mandate/ a separate backend package? Or are
you really intending to just drop backends?

1: http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.kde.devel.core/59322

--
Matthew
.rorrim a ot pu rotinom ruoy dloh ,egassem siht daer oT