Review Request: Change "abort session" to "exit session" in kdm

Oswald Buddenhagen ossi at kde.org
Mon Jul 20 14:41:54 BST 2009

On Mon, Jul 20, 2009 at 02:50:28PM +0200, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> Sarcasm is highly dependant on [...]
>
> So your line:
>
> "the rest gets a clear reject. think about it. ;-)"

huh, that wasn't sarcastic at all. a slight irony, sure. and the message
arrived ... kinda.

> > of course it would be rather paranoid to assume ill-meaning, but i also
> > fail to come up with an interpretation which would be actually to her
> > advantage.
>
> So essentially you're saying that Mackenzie wanted to do bad to KDE?

eh? i thought i said the opposite ...
anyway, i'm not complaining about maco - neither his initial patch
(which - i assume - was rather non-discriminative simply to get
something started efficiently) nor the followup discussion on irc
indicated any problem. my issue was solely with seele, who didn't live
up to my expectations. tough luck. shit happens.

> > On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 02:25:15AM +0100, David Jarvie wrote:
> > > something which needs to be considered before globally changing
> > > "abort" to "cancel" etc - is that abort sometimes really means abort,
> >
> > thanks for spelling it out that explicitly. i wouldn't have thought that
> > it is necessary.
>
> And this is the exact point. [...] sarcasm [...].

i wasn't sarcastic here at all. it was a sincere expression of
disappointment. that's what i meant with "i fail to come up with an
interpretation which would be actually to her advantage". sure, i
certainly might have too high expectations, but that's what i apply to
myself, and i'm not as arrogant as to expect any lesser from others
(watch the closing scenes of "dog town" if the logic behind this doesn't
seem obvious to you).