Use phonon from Qt or kdesupport?

Anne-Marie Mahfouf annemarie.mahfouf at free.fr
Sun Jul 19 10:18:47 BST 2009

Le dimanche juillet 19 2009 9:18:35 AM, Thiago Macieira a écrit :
> David Jarvie wrote:
> >The build instructions for kde-qt in the new gitorious repository result
> > in including the phonon component of Qt in the build. Is this correct?
> > - if so, should phonon in kdesupport still be used?
>
> Phonon is Phonon. Either should be ok.
>
> But in preparation for Qt 4.6, which will contain a newer version of
> Phonon than the current packages, building with the Qt one should be
> tested and supported.

1) Right now when one builds kde-qt with phonon and does not install Qt then
kdebase does not build.
So kde-qt phonon != kdesupport phonon for trunk build when phonon headers are
not installed from Qt.

I did not retry since I posted to kde-buildsystem since I have to remove
manually phonon from kdesupport to retest but as noone answered, I suppose
it's not been dealt with.
In the meantime I suggest building kde-qt without phonon and using kdesupport
phonon as done for kde4.3.

2) kde-qt phonon does not have all backends that kdesupport phonon has.

Anne-Marie