New authorization library moved to kdereview

Dario Freddi drf54321 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 12:47:06 BST 2009

First of all, I give (as you might have expected) full support for inclusion.
Now:

In data venerdì 17 luglio 2009 23:44:37, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau ha scritto:

> IMHO this is another case where the reasons for the rough split of the base
> libraries in kdesupport, kdelibs and kdepimlibs are put in question. We
> might need a new approach. I.e. I think we need one.

I have to agree. This is a situation that keeps occurring to me. We need some
new policies for where to place libraries. Putting everything in kdesupport
might end up in a dependency hell, but kdelibs is becoming more and more a
beast. However, this discussion is probably not on topic.

I'd favour this lib to get into kdelibs since it will (hopefully) play a big
role in the kde desktop, and since there is no guarantee that it will not use
kdelibs in the future. With polkit-qt it was quite a different issue. In this
case I think that qt-only apps might statically link to it, if needed.

--

Dario Freddi
KDE Developer
GPG Key Signature: 511A9A3B