Kill KIO (was: Repositioning the KDE brand)

Adam Treat treat at kde.org
Mon Jul 13 20:21:34 BST 2009

On Monday 13 July 2009 12:36:35 pm nf2 wrote:
> However the devil is in the detatils. I can't tell if GIO/GVFS can
> really provide everything KDE needs. I tried to investigate with
> KIO-Giobridge for the most common protocols and that worked. But HTTP,
> POP3 might be hairy.

I wonder that you started this thread then?  You begged to kill KIO, but here
you state that you can't even be sure GVFS provides everything KDE needs.
That either indicates an astonishingly reckless attitude or questionable
motivation.  And right after this you state, "really don't want to damage
KDE."  Can you explain this seeming contradiction?

Cheers,
Adam