KAutoPointer: a new autoptr class for QPointer

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Fri Jul 10 17:36:21 BST 2009

On Fri, 10 Jul 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:

>> BTW, Qt has broken source compatibility even for the rather trivial
>> container classes three times already making it impossible (much to my
>> regret) to argue in favor of Qt's containers in discussions about using
>> the STL containers instead.
>
> I don't recall of any important breakage in Qt 4. We're very careful about
> that.

I guess Ingo meant the three major breakages between 1/2, 3 and 4. As much
as I'd like to use Qt container classes everywhere (including non-GUI)
code the track record is rather weak compared to STL containers and other
libraries. GUIs come and go - code under the hood often has to live much
longer :)

Harri.