KIO::listRecursive() with filters

Milian Wolff mail at milianw.de
Thu Jul 9 19:46:46 BST 2009

Hi all!

I'm one of the guys hacking on KDevelop and ported the generic project manager
to KIO to make it work for remote projects (think web projects on some server
or similar).

I decided to use KIO::listRecursive() which works wonderfully. One big sore
thumb I have with it, is performance. Perse it's wonderful, but users
might/want/will filter what is considered part of their project. By default
e.g. I filter hidden files and .svn|.git|CVS folders. One could think of a lot
more.

Right now, I have to filter what KIO::listRecursive() gives me. But this is
potentially a lot of unwanted stuff since the list job recurses into filtered
directories. Hence my sore thumb regarding performance...

How do you suggest should I fix this? Since listRecursive essentially just
creates a ListJobPrivate I'd need to change that one. Esp. slotListEntries()
if I see it correctly. Thing is: It's private, hence I can't simply overload
it...

Help!

--
Milian Wolff