KDE browser work team

Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen admin at leinir.dk
Thu Jul 2 17:30:10 BST 2009

On Thursday 02 July 2009 18:16:47 Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> But as Adam mentioned in his blog post Arora is suppose to be a
> desktop Browser first and not a desktop viewer so there will always be
> a place for Konqueror.  Just like Dolphin doesn't replace Konqueror,
> neither will Arora.

  There is a point here that might be worth considering, and one which
Carewolf and i spoke about sporadically at Akademy in Glasgow: There is a
place for Konqueror and there always will be. It is a poweruser tool, and does
so very well. Where the problems come up is when people attempt to mold this
poweruser tool into something joe sixpack is able to use. While this /is/
possible in some cases, Konqueror is just not one of those.
  As such, a separate browser, just like Dolphin is a separate file browser,
would be a good thing for Konqueror: It would allow our wonderful tool to take
its position as a poweruser tool to the extreme, while allowing a specific web
browser to be developed for that specific use case, just like Dolphin is for
browsing files.
  Whether this would be Arora or Yet Another NIH Browser, well, that is
something up to the people who end up actually writing the code. My €.02 would
be on Arora with KDE integration, though ;)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/

                          Co-