Repositioning the KDE brand

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Jul 2 12:36:38 BST 2009

Em Quinta-feira 02 Julho 2009, às 02:22:07, nf2 escreveu:
> I wouldn't slag off such a technology as "inferior", like Aaron does.
> It's a masterpiece of software engineering the F/OSS community should
> be proud of.

He's saying it's inferior to Qt and QObject.

Don't get me wrong: I like Glib and GObject. I think the F/OSS community
should be proud of inventing and maintaining it. And I do recommend using Glib
whenever someone has to write something in C only (no C++). It's much better
for everyone as a whole that they use Glib instead of rolling out their own
string, hash, etc. functions.

However, don't ask me to use it. I'll take C++ and Qt any day.

  Senior Product Manager - Nokia, Qt Software
      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358