KDE browser work team

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Wed Jul 1 22:08:28 BST 2009

Am Mittwoch 01 Juli 2009 23:00:35 schrieb Adam Treat:
> On Wednesday 01 July 2009 04:47:54 pm Stefan Majewsky wrote:
> > I'm asking because I think we could improve things dramatically if major
> > sites worked better. Of course, it's not nice if a site of a little
> > restaurant does not work, but it is a disaster if Digg or Slashdot does
> > not work
>
> Eye of the beholder.  If a site I want to view does not work, then that is
> a *major* site to me.  It isn't like anyone thinks to themselves, "My web
> browser can't view this interesting site that I wish to read, but that is
> Ok and I won't get upset since it isn't a major site!"

In no way do I deny that broken websites piss off people no matter how
important the sites are. I'm concerned that much mud is being thrown at KHTML
for its misrendering of popular sites, and meant that we could create a much
healthier climate in the KHTML discussion by (temporarily?) focusing on fixing
popular websites. And a healthier climate could help attracting new
developers, which is a Good Thing™.

Greetings
Stefan