Solid Buttons

Will Stephenson wstephenson at kde.org
Tue Jan 27 14:42:20 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 27 January 2009 15:14:12 Trever Fischer wrote:
> After toggling my hardware wifi switch, hal sends out killswitch and radio
> buttons. The killswitch's state gets set to false, and no X event is
> created.
>
> I understand what you mean now about solid's button support (and I feel
> rightly ignorant about it), but shouldn't it handle the status of the wifi
> switch at least?

I'm not sure it's necessary; this is reported by
Solid::Control::NetworkManager::isWirelessHardwareEnabled()

In the current NM 0.7 backend implementation, this information is provided
indirectly by NetworkManager.  For systems without NetworkManager, their
Solid::Control backend could do whatever is necessary - going via a different
network control service or querying hal or its equivalent on other operating
systems directly.

Will