email obfuscation on mediawiki

Andre Gemünd scroogie at gmail.com
Sun Jan 25 21:22:54 GMT 2009

Dominik Haumann schrieb:
> And here is a test: http://techbase.kde.org/Sandbox
> Unfortunately, it doesn't work correctly, see also the discussion page on
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension_talk:EmailObfuscator
> I could not find a solution there, yet.

imho the problem is the htmlspecialchars() call on $email_prefix .
$email. this replaces the ampersands of the ascii codes with &, so
the browser doesn't recognize it. If I replace all "&" with & it works.
I don't know RFC 5322 well, but as we are replacing every character
inside both the prefix and mail with ascii codes there should be no
offending characters in the string.
You could try replacing the

. htmlspecialchars($email_prefix . $email) .
with just
. $email_prefix . $email .

Greetings
André