Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

George Goldberg grundleborg at googlemail.com
Sat Jan 24 12:15:28 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 10:04 PM, Aaron J. Seigo <aseigo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Friday 23 January 2009, Ingo Klöcker wrote:
>> On Friday 23 January 2009, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:

<snip>

>> > the entries in the Target listing right now are now terrifically
>> > useful either; the distinction between "by 4.3 freeze" and "by 4.3
>> > release" is, for this particular need, academic and unuseful to me.
>>
>> Not sure what you are trying to say. Targets can be defined per product,
>> so you can define the targets you want for Plasma.
>
> i was just looking at the current list of Targets in the search form, and
> there were some rather odd entries.

When I read this, I panicked :). I added some target milestones for
the "telepathy" componenet in bugs.kde.org to aid with our feature
planning, and when I heard them mentioned here I thought for one
moment I had accidentally added them for all bugs.kde.org products.
Fortunately that's not the case. However, they do show up in the query
form when you haven't selected any products. Its unfortunate that this
is confusing for other developers, but I guess thats just a price we
pay for having different KDE subprojects using bugs.kde.org in very
different ways - what makes perfect sense for one project is "rather
odd" to another.

---
George Goldberg