Fate vs Bugzilla for feature tracking

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau kossebau at kde.org
Fri Jan 23 14:54:02 GMT 2009

Am Freitag, 23. Januar 2009, um 09:29 Uhr, schrieb Michael Leupold:
> On Friday 23 January 2009 04:37:01 Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > * ability to delete comments and close reports permanently
>
> Not sure about that. Closing bugs permanently might be useful for stubborn
> users reopening closed bugs but I'm not sure about the "deleting comments"
> part. Ideally we could keep all information but still have only the useful
> part visible.

Deleting might be useful for spam or legally problematic content (like hate
comments or privateness breaking things, e.g. a screenshot with an overseen
love letter from your friend). So one doesn't need to do direct database
surgery to remove these things :)

Perhaps, to prevent overuse by any maintainer, there could be the need of a
second-person approval for any such operation. Sounds like overkill, but
still a nice-to-have for me.

Cheers
Friedrich
--