solid i18n krazy2 patch

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Fri Jan 23 12:34:27 GMT 2009

On Saturday 17 January 2009, Armin Moradi wrote:
> Attached is some fixes for the i18n problems which krazy2 (from EBN)
> has detected.
>
> This patch includes fixes for "passing QString() to endsWith() and
> startsWith()" problems.

Before your patch, the strings are implicitely converted to a QString, which
is exactly the same as what your patch does now :) The right fix (if there
is need for a 'fix' at all) would be to use QLatin1String, just like Stefan
mentioned already.

What does krazy exactly say as warning? I wonder because such patches with
QString wrappers appear on lots of our mailing lists and they don't bring
any performance boost. It's simply less readable :)

Dominik