update the feature plan!

Dominik Haumann dhdev at gmx.de
Thu Jan 22 10:06:08 GMT 2009

Hi Ossi,

On Wednesday 21 January 2009, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:48:42PM +0100, Dominik Haumann wrote:
> > While I agree with the fact that the listing of the mail addresses is
> > not good spam-wise, I still have to point out that all our mail
> > addreses are public anyway (mailing lists, e.g. kde-commits, lots of
> > mirrors).
>
> you do realize that mailing list archives, websvn and about everything
> else obfuscates or at least does not link addresses? "your" page is
> currently the only major "hole" in the protection i'm aware of.

Apart from e.g. kde-common/accounts other people already mentioned that this
is simply not entirely true. But let's not start this flame, doesn't help
anyway. =)

> [...]

Options we have:
1. remove the mail addresses.
2. obfuscate (html entities, is it mailto:<...> or can the mailto itself
   even be obfuscated?)
3. use other addresses like mailing lists or web pages as contact

The template used on techbase is Template:Feature [1]. If you want, you can
play around with it. Another option is to remove the mail part for now in
the template, but if you click "Edit" on the pages where this template is
used, you'll still see the addresses as plain text.
If the general consensus is that the addresses are not needed (*), we can
take option (1) and be done with it ;)

(*) did it ever happen that $you were contacted via this page?

Dominik

[1] http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Template:Feature