kdeinit4's process name

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 23:33:22 GMT 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009, John Tapsell wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>   kinit sets its cmdline to "kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running... kdeinit4 --suicide".
>
>   For purely aesthetic reasons, can we make this a bit nicer?
> gnome-system-terminal, htop and (as of today) use the cmdline for the
> process Name column.  This results in the process name being
> "kdeinit4:" in the process list.

Sounds like a bug, add debug output in kdelibs/kinit/proctitle.cpp to find out more.
Here I get
   kdeinit4: kdeinit4 Running...
when I do
  ps awwlx | grep Running

The --suicide tells me this is when running a KDE application out of
a KDE session... Do you get the same for the real kdeinit4 in a kde session?