[Patch] add serial devices to solid

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Jan 19 21:15:29 GMT 2009

On Monday 19 January 2009 21:50:19 Harald Fernengel wrote:
> this patch adds support for serial devices (/dev/tty*) to solid.
> Required to access embedded devices or phone modems.

Only two things bug me API wise:
 * QString ifaceName()
   For this kind of things we use QVariant handle() (or something similar) at
   other places of the API, would this one qualify for such a move?

 * QString serialType()
   I'd really like this one use an enum instead, that's what we have
   everywhere else in the API for this kind of cases.

Otherwise it looks fine to me.

> Open Issues:
>
> * need an icon for serial ports

Would indeed be nice.

> * need a Windows implementation

So far we have only a partial windows backend anyway...

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."