Overwriting default menu entry locations (was: Re: KDE/kdelibs/kdeui/xmlgui)

David Faure faure at kde.org
Wed Jan 14 22:35:08 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 13 January 2009, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> There is no Go menu in kateui.rc. And just
>   <Menu name="go" noMerge="1">
>   </Menu>
> doesn't seem to do it, creates an unnamed empty menu, as expected.

Actually this is not expected (empty menus are useless).

I just fixed a bug in kdelibs trunk so that empty menus are not appended
after all other menus anymore, can you check if this fixes your problem?

David (unsure whether to backport to 4.2, this code is a bit touchy,
even though he added unit tests for 5 different cases of xmlgui merging...)