kdesupport-for-trunk

David Faure faure at kde.org
Thu Jan 8 21:37:57 GMT 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, Benoit Jacob wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I can see that the kdesupport-for-4.x tag directories have been
> created. The original plan also included a kdesupport-for-trunk. Is
> this still planned?

I sort of dropped it because trunk/kdesupport seemed to do that job just fine.

> I just upgraded kdesupport-for-trunk/kdesupport/eigen2 to the latest
> eigen2.0-beta5.

(You mean kdesupport-for-4.2.)

> I would like to put the same in a kdesupport-for-trunk and after that
> be able to again do some "dangerous" development in /trunk/kdesupport.

I see -- but I'm still not convinced.
IMHO, trunk/kdesupport is just like trunk/KDE: it's ok to make changes that -might- break
things by mistake, but if changes are going to break things for sure (e.g. big refactorings
with temporary commits where half the stuff doesn't compile or work anymore), then
a work branch is better suited for that.

I know that we already discussed this, but it seems to me that among the kdesupport
developers only eigen would like a kdesupport-for-trunk? Correct me if I'm wrong.