Squeezing "Show Keyboard Status" indicator into KDE 4.2

Xavier Vello xavier.vello at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 19:35:00 GMT 2009

> Who can I bug about the accessibility applet going into extragear?

The review process is described in
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/SVN_Guidelines#Stage_2:_Stable
When an piece of software passes review (when all bugs / objections
are fixed and at least two weeks have passed after the review
announcement on k-c-d@), the author can move it to extragear,
or in an official module if the module coordinator agrees.

The weather plasmoid (/trunk/kdereview/plasma/applets/weather) is
currently in review and will soon move to extragear too.

> I do not count on my distro picking it up. I use Ubuntu but for all
> the good that it is, the Ubuntu community does _not_ care about
> accessibility.

Packaging a plasmoid is a piece of cake. If they are packaging the
weather plasmoid, they should package this one too ^^

Regards
--
Xavier Vello