Squeezing "Show Keyboard Status" indicator into KDE 4.2

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Mon Jan 5 17:53:31 GMT 2009

On Monday 05 January 2009, Sebastian Kügler wrote:
> On Monday 05 January 2009 16:47:22 Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > > That said, I've been thinking if the release schedule policy for
> > > kdeplasma- addons shouldn't be relaxed. I don't see any real problems
> > > for reviewed and tested code to move there, even after the rest of KDE
> > > is frozen -- but until further notice, it's subject to freeze.
> >
> > I really don't see why kdeplasma-addons should be different from the rest
> > of KDE.
>
> Maybe not kdeplasma-addons, but it'd surely be nice to have a way to
> release applets in between cycles, a bit like extragear. What I don't like

we used to have an extragear repo for plasma stuff, but it became kdeplasma-
addons instead because it was "too hard" for people to keep up between
versions as BC was breaking in libplasma. just sounds like we need to start up
the extragear again for plasma, though that makes kdeplasma-addons a bit of an
odd duckling then.

personally i don't think there's a lot of reason for another module, though.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se