tags/kdesupport-for-4.2

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Jan 4 11:10:46 GMT 2009

On Sunday 04 January 2009, Chani wrote:
> On January 3, 2009 08:33:52 Tom Albers wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > In preparation of the release of 4.2.0, I've created the
> > tags/kdesupport-for-4.2. This tag of kdesupport should be used when
>
> you
>
> > compile the 4.2 branch in the future.  Trunk's version of kdesupport
>
> should
>
> > be used to compile KDE trunk (which would be KDE 4.3.0).
> >
> > At least Akonadi will probably commit some KDE 4.2.x incompatible
>
> changes
>
> > in kdesupport trunk as soon as KDE 4.2 is branched.
>
> so... if I need to use kdebase from trunk, but I want kdepim 4.2 (because
> data loss bugs are Not Cool), which version of kdesupport do I need? or do
> I need to somehow find a way to use both?

I think there is no general answer. If kdebase trunk requires a newer version
of kdesupport then 4.2 does, you will have to try the newer version. If there
were no incompatible changes introduced in kdesupport (which shouldn't
happen) or new requirements introduced in kdesupport which force you to
upgrade various parts of your system (which may happen), it should work.

Alex