kdepimlibs libical requirement

Jose Carlos Norte jose at eyeos.org
Sat Feb 28 20:13:40 GMT 2009

Hi,

Yesterday I was trying to compile kde trunk using kdesvn-build script,
as explained in techbase, however, I get some errors during
compilation of kdepimlibs.

Reading the log of the error, I see that I don't have libical >= 0.42
installed, but it says that is optional:

-- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your system.
-- Consider installing them to enable more features from this software.
   * libical (0.42 or higher)  <http://sourceforge.net/projects/freeassociation>
     Reference implementation of the iCalendar data type and
serialization format
     Required for the critical PIM kcal library.

However, kdepimlibs refused to compile until I installed libical >=
0.44, so, it seems like this library is not optional.