kdesudo

John Tapsell johnflux at gmail.com
Mon Feb 23 05:34:26 GMT 2009

A point brought up during the whole .desktop security problem, is
kdesudo.  It only prompts for the password once, and then from then on
(for next X minutes), doesn't ask for the password again.

So a program that wants to become root only has to wait until kdesudo
has been run normally, and then can run kdesudo itself, elevating
itself to root without the user knowing.

Is there anything that we can do to make this more secure?

What's the actual use case for why we remember the password?

John