.desktop security changes are committed

Michael Pyne mpyne at purinchu.net
Sun Feb 22 20:11:31 GMT 2009

On Sunday 22 February 2009, Michael Pyne wrote:
> Subject says it all.  Nothing's set in stone until we release ;) so if you
> have comments/suggestions for improvement/etc. please let me know.

Michael Jansen reports that autostart needs an exception too.  Instead of
continuing to add exceptions I'm figuring that instead of checking for "apps",
"services", "xdgdata-apps" and autostart, that we simply check for the case of
that exception if the .desktop is under one of the prefixes in KDEDIRS (as
returned by KStandardDirs::kfsstnd_prefixes()?  On that note it would be nice
to have an official public API in KStandardDirs for figuring out where KDE was
installed to.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne