Move to kdereview: solid-actions-kcm

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Sun Feb 22 13:42:07 GMT 2009

On Saturday 14 February 2009 04:07:41 Ben Cooksley wrote:
> I just moved solid-actions-kcm to KDE Review. It provides a convienent
> interface that allows the (power)user to edit the actions Solid
> provides when devices are connected to the users computer. Developers
> could also use this to create them, so they do not have to worry about
> syntax, etc.

OK, finally found some time today to take a look at it and test it. Here are
my findings:
 - In the edit action dialog, it would probably be a good idea to provide some
more help for the command field in order to document the supported expands:
    * %f or %F for file path of the mountpoint on devices having StorageAccess
interface
    * %d or %D for device node path on devices having Block interface
    * %i or %I for device identifier
 - For all the Add/Remove/Edit buttons in this KCM you probably should use
KGuiItem and KStandardGuiItem so that it's consistent with other places in KDE
 - For all the device types and values you probably should move away from
desktop files and use QMetaObject introspection instead. Right now as a user
you can only use the "Device Type" and "Value Name" available from the desktop
file.
 - Moreover, in my case because of the desktop files I see some of the device
type and value name appear twice for me...

That's all the issues I've found for now.

In any case good job, it's clearly something needed.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."