requiring .desktop files to be executable ?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Feb 19 17:00:09 GMT 2009

David Faure wrote:
> OK, with both conditions it doesn't break the case of a FAT partition
> (where everything is owned by root *and* writable by the user).
>
> So we arrive at the following whitelist:
>  * x-bit is set

Would dropping the "x-bit is set" allowance on filesystems where
*everything* is executable (i.e. FAT) be unacceptable? IMO it's not very
secure to allow it to run just because +x is set when the user can't
/not/ have +x set. (Well, not without changing the mount options, but...)

--
Matthew
We are Microsoft. What you are experiencing is not a problem; it is an