Qt-Copy checkout problem on windows

Matthias Kretz kretz at kde.org
Mon Feb 16 22:21:41 GMT 2009

Hi,

On Monday 16 February 2009 22:29:05 Peter Kümmel wrote:
> but in this case which is really a ugly cross-platform-bug on a high level
> the best way to fix it is to break source compatibility.
> And phonon is a very young lib serious usage requires most recent Qt
> versions, therefore the damage would not be too big.
>
> And why isn't a symbolic link from phonon to Phonon a solution?
>
> > We changed all Phonon includes to Phonon/UpperCase in Qt (except for
> > inside Phonon's source code itself).
>
> What is the problem having AbstractAudioOutput and abstractaudiooutput.h
> in one directory?

The upstream phonon installs phonon/abstractaudiooutput.h and
Phonon/AbstractAudioOutput (actually KDE/Phonon/AbstractAudioOutput). Qt
cannot do something different. Also upstream Phonon cannot change this anymore
without breaking compat. It can do "more", like install all headers to both
phonon and Phonon, though (or make symbolic link, yes).

On Windows (or generally any case-insensitive filesystem) you can install to
whatever pHoNoN capitalization you like :-)

> git's snapshot only contains 'Phonon' with the files of 'phonon' too.

Sounds to me like the issue is "fixed" then...

BTW, the reason for the phonon dir is that it is needed for namespacing. Qt
relies on the q prefix for that which is why there are no qtcore, qtgui dirs.

Regards,
	Matthias