To Qt4.5 or not to Qt4.5, that is my question...

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Feb 15 20:00:29 GMT 2009

On 15.02.09 17:40:35, Friedrich W. H. Kossebau wrote:
> Hi,
>
> qt-copy is pre-4.5 for some time. And it is said there is already a
> runtime-dependancy in trunk on that version (what did you mean by this,
> Andreas?).

That means there have been various commits to trunk/ that depend on certain
bugfixes/changes available only in Qt4.5. Some of those are in plasma but
AFAIK they "only" cause visual problems, no functionality breakages.

> Can those who feel insightful enough (I don't) please, please make a decision
> and give a schedule?
> E.g. "Starting Monday, 16.02., trunk min. dependency is Qt 4.5"
> or "On next (pre-)version of Qt 4.5, scheduled for ?.02., trunk depends on
> 4.5".

Yeah, just somebody write it up and send out an announcement, technically
trunk/ already depends on it, but as there has been no announcement yet app
devs are confused.

Andreas

--
Increased knowledge will help you now.  Have mate's phone bugged.