Improvement of tool button in KDE4

Miroslav Bendik miroslav.bendik at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 10:52:17 GMT 2009

Hello,

I'm sending my improved version of QToolButton with menu. In case of standard
QToolButton, it is necessary to hold a left clik for 600ms until the menu
will show up. In my implementation, it is possible to show the menu
immediately by simple click&drag. After the action, the menu will appear
immediately. Menu actions are launched by left mouse button release over the
menu item. It is also possible to launch standard action like folder up in
case of up button in konqueror.

I'm aware that my implementation is not very user firendly. But on the other
hand, it has some advantages (
http://mireq.linuxos.sk/kde4/toolbar_buttons.png ) too. I would be really
happy if it was implemented. As we can find 2 types of such buttons in KDE4.
In my opinion, KDE4 should have one global settings for all buttons in
applications (SystemSettings / Apperance / Style / Fine Tunning / Toolbar
button type (buttons with special arrow / small buttons)).

The source code of my implementation can be found at
http://mireq.linuxos.sk/kde4/toolBarMenu.tar.gz