preformance issues with oxygen style and window decoration

Knut Morten Johansson knutmj at online.no
Mon Feb 9 23:03:59 GMT 2009

Maksim Orlovich wrote:
>> Well, the above will likely negate what I am about to say; but this thread
>> reminded me that I've seen a hotspot/inefficiency in oxygen in some
> >profiles, so I looked at it some more.

>though feedback on whether things got better would still be
>welcome.

Just wondering, have you tried the tool in
kdebase/workspace/kwin/tools/decobenchmark?

It should be a good tool to use in cases like this (If it's ported and works
under KDE4). Makes it easier to quantify speed improvements/regressions, and
making it much easier to compare the speed of different decorations too.
Without needing to base it on how they "feel".

Besides it gives the decoration quite a workout, so it may shake out some bugs
too.

Best regards
Knut