Needing a QEventLoop for a kioslave

Ingo Klöcker kloecker at kde.org
Wed Feb 11 21:23:07 GMT 2009

On Wednesday 11 February 2009, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Ingo Klöcker wrote:
> >BTW, the API docs of qAddPostRoutine state that the clean-up
> > functions will be called by ~QApplication(). A quick look at the
> > code shows that they will also be called by ~QCoreApplication().
> > This should probably be clarified in the API docs.
>
> It will be called by ~QApplication. Indirectly.
>
> Remember that ~QApplication calls ~QCoreApplication.
>
> :-)

I think you misunderstood my point. The API docs read:

  void qAddPostRoutine ( QtCleanUpFunction ptr )

  Adds a global routine that will be called from the QApplication
  destructor. This function is normally used to add cleanup routines for
  program-wide functionality.

  [...]

After reading this I wondered whether cleanup functions registered with
qAddPostRoutine() are also called if my non-GUI application is derived
from QCoreApplication, but not from QApplication. I had to look into
the source code of ~QCoreApplication() to resolve those doubts.

Regards,
Ingo